Saturday, July 09, 2005

Time for things to pick up!!

Well, here we are starting our new blog. And what a time to start one. Did I mention we now have referrals? I know everyone would love to see pictures of our children, but not yet. You just can't be to careful. We don't want to take the chance of someone seeing our cuties and going over before us to steal them.After all, how could we find another pair as much like us as these are? Since you can't see pictures yet allow me to describe them to you.I think they get their beautiful dark skin from me. "I've always sported such a healthy tan" Our son has a big goofey smile that I can only figure comes from Hollys side of the family. He has a cute little fanny, I'm not sure where it comes from but it's definitely worth mentioning.Our daughter is a little harder to figure out. We didn't get as many pictures of her. She has a calmer look about her maybe a real thinker, definitely from the Dunning side.I can tell she and I will be the best of buddies. I guess the best way for you to picture them is to picture 2 of the cutest kids you've ever seen then throw in a little more cute just for good measure and you will be thinking of my kids. Holly and I plan on traveling in the very near future so I suggest if you want to keep upthat you start checking back with us more often on this site. Things from here will move at a furious pace.Baby has been practicing on her speech to the judge. kind of a cross between begging for the kids and threatening to punch his lights out if we don't get them. I don't know how I'm going to break the news to her that she doesn't get to go with us to get the kids. we would let her go but the language barrier is just too much! I just don't see how she could learn russian in such a short time.
My aunt Jane has finished the quilts for the kids. she made them to match what I painted on the walls in the nursery.How do you think she did? Oops! I thought I had pictures of the room but I don't. Let me just tell you, she did great!!

lastly, let us know how you like this website as opposed to the other one.
anything we can do to make it better let us know.

13 Comments:

Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Glad to see you figured out how to post comments. Now you will have to show Nanny and Poppy how to do it. I love the catchy name you gave yourself. Naturally I thought you were aunt Jane posting until I read it. I really never thought about the fact you haven't been an aunt before.
Ps. We all know you and poppy are the writers. but thanks for the compliment.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Hillary Brotherton said...

Yey Holly! So happy for you and hope you travel soon! We're heading home tonight. If you have any questions please email me, I'm happy to help if I can. All the best!
Hillary-in Almaty with Jane

6:12 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Judy - You figured it out. Of course you can see the video again!!! Holly

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you both for sharing your exciting journey with us. I will be so excited to receive "daily?!?" updates as you travel. And hopefully you have your digital camera loaded with a jumbo memory card... And thanks for changing the setting,,, I had my own blog almost set up and got kicked off by these little hands that seem to be everywhere in my home,,, of course my mother claims she never does anything,,, hahaha... and I got discouraged and turned it off... This is such a good idea though. Take Care and keep the updates comming....

Michelle

8:49 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

hey cuzs2b - we can't wait for you to meet our kiddos. we are ready to go get them now!! I'm glad to know you are getting in shape, I'm going to needs lot of help carrying them up and down the stairs...
Everytime you see their pic on your fridge, say a prayer for them please.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally got a user name! Hello everyone, I am glad to on the Blog. Well Sam I have seen those beautiful kids, and we want them... NOW! We had a great time last night and thanks for the birthday gifts, just a little note, next year will be my last Offical birthday. Anything past that will just be some crazy woman looking at the calender saying that it is my birthday...I will not be getting any older!

John

5:51 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

John, I changed the setup so you wouldn't have to log in to post but I guess you couldn't read that with your ageing eyes.
I guess we can start having anniversary parties for you every year. Usually those don't start until your 39 though. Like "3rd anniversary of your 39th birthday" (=42)and so on.
Glad to have you in the group

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh,,, my name is boring.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is soooo exciting and i can't wait to met these two additions to our family. i want to see pictures!had one good reason to come west starting in about 30 days and now i have two more!!!! babies do that, i remember, mom wasn't much on visiting until you had babies then she came lots. between hannah and the babies the dunnings may get tired of me.
g-auntnancy

4:12 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Nancy - you can come and visit us anytime. I sure we will appreciate the extra pair of hands.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you set up this blog so we can all share this exciting time in your life. I will be checking on you and praying for you to have an interesting and educational trip- with no drawbacks! I will be sending this blog address to people who are interested in you (even though you don't know them).

I agree with the comment from Davis...these are two lucky kids!!
XXOO

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you set up this blog so we can all share this exciting time in your life. I will be checking on you and praying for you to have an interesting and educational trip- with no drawbacks! I will be sending this blog address to people who are interested in you (even though you don't know them).

I agree with the comment from Davis...these are two lucky kids!!
XXOO

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,,, what talet you have with wood,,, my neighbor borrowed my snowman and attempted to copy him. I don't know how successful he was,,, I just adore what you do. You better make me something to win next Christmas now,,, before the babies get here and you don't have any more time till they are in college,,, "says the mother of four that has 100 projects started and none of them finished"... but wouldn't have it any other way,,, except maybe every other Saturday or so...haha. Take Care

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home