Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Adventures of a caterpillar!

Holly and I have been told numerous times how much our lives will change after we have brought our children home. Some act as if it is really the end of our perfect little lives. A roll of the eyes, a tilt of the head. As if to say you had it all and look what you've gone and done with it. Maybe they would prefer we did as the man given the one talent, buried our lives and hope for the best. But look where that got him.

In all fairness most people talk about the change as if it is the most wonderful thing. A gleam in the eye tells us that they remember when they went through the journey and wish it was them just taking the first step all over again. Sometimes the gleam is farther away, those people call you crazy but there eyes betray them. It is a journey they never took whether by choice or by design and they wonder, but that road is too far behind to go back and take it now.

Holly and I have been building this cocoon for 7 years now. It seems no matter where we travel we can't make the cocoon seem large enough. So one final trip in this cocoon to the other side of the world and we'll see what we become. I assume a caterpillar doesn't know it's going to be a butterfly when it's building it's cocoon. When it makes the final stitch and all is dark' I'm sure it wonders if all the crazy people where right. But in the end, crazy people sit on the ground thinking they can fly, warning others of the dangers and giving reasons not to fly. While the caterpillar is flying enjoying his new found world.

But we aren't the only ones this will change. I don't remember any stories about ants making cocoons but appearantly caterpillars are not alone. Take this couple for instance. They after building for years have accomplished the roles of husband and wife, and parents but only after this journey will they be Aunt and Uncle. And no John, there are no instructions for this job. And then there are their kids. Brothers, sisters, grandkids, kids, and I'm sure some Polish and Italian names I'm leaving out but only now will they be cousins (and babysitters). And then there is this couple,I think there is no name change for them but I'm sure they are proud just the same.
Here we are with Hollys parents and brother. Derek now becomes an uncle and even though they don't know what they want to be called yet, Tommy and Gail now become grandparents.


of course there is our little baby who now becomes a big sister.


In the end, we think all will be happy. As one big family should be.



Note,, the above characters are real and awaiting their transformation.
My parents, my sister and brother-in-law, and my nieces and nephew, and of course Baby.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to figure out how to post a comment. Hope this works. :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

You did great! It worked. I'm glad your practicing, that way you can post when we are out of the country. Holly

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy my mom told me about your website! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see your precious little angels. What an exciting adventure you are taking. I love you guys and will be logging on everyday to see what is going on! Samantha is excited too. She loves getting new playmates. We love you!
Andrea, Shawn and Samantha A.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Andrea (& family),
I'm glad you are checking the website. I can't wait for our kids to meet Samantha. I wonder if they will form a cool "club" like we did when we were growing up. I love you girl!!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, this blog is absolutely hysterical...Secondly having such a great sense of humor and metaphoric way of speaking is such a blessing during this hard time of waiting.

I have not seen the children, but what a wonderful insight to their parents and the life they will have when they finally get home.

Their room is ADOREABLE! You did a fantastic job, Im sure the judges and caregivers in Kaz will LOVE to see what a terrific home these kids will be getting. Im sure they will just hand them over to you and not blink an eye!!!!

Im so very happy for you and for the children to be joining such a seemingly loving family.

All the best to you!!!

Your new friend who shares your childrens culture and location down to the very beds they are sleeping in now.

You will be holding them before you know it, and you may just be suprised at the beautiful butterflys you all become when the love of a family bursts open that cocoon!!!

Best wishes!
Colene, Jeff, Karleigh and McCale
The Kaz-made family!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home