Saturday, April 16, 2011

We made it to Beijing!



Hey Everyone.... Aunt Crystal here! Sam will not able to post from Beijing, so I am posting this update for him that he typed up while they waited in Tokyo. They have made it to the hotel in Beijing, but it was 1 am there so they were headed to bed! He attached a couple of pictures that I will add just as soon as I can!



Crazy day, we headed west and followed the sun. We left around 4pm and got to Tokyo around 4:40pm (the next day) but since we followed the sun it never got dark.
I wasn’t able to connect in the Tokyo airport so I am just typing this while we wait for our flight to Beijing. We should get there around Midnight (around 11 am or 1pm for you guys, I will figure it out later)
We are all tired but so far everybody is traveling great. The kids have fared much better than you would think. I seem to be the only one having trouble sleeping on the planes. Holly says she can’t sleep either but I think she must be dreaming she is awake.

The problem with the long flights is you know you have them to do all over again coming home. I mentioned that to the kids but Andrew says that at least coming home we will have Hannah with us so it will make the plane ride much” funner” . Yeah right! 5 of us in 4 seats coming home should be much “funner” (Crazy delusional kid, I don’t have the heart to break it to him)

Our seats coming were great. So far we have always had a wall in front of us (no seats) Lots of leg room. Any of you that fly will understand how good that seating arrangement is. The only trouble was we were on the front row of our section next to the big screen tv . Not a big deal except they played “how do you know” ,,Chronicles of Narnia voyage of the dawn treader” ,, The latest Harry Potter, and Grown ups. (Not exactly kid friendly, at least for my kids) So if the kids were awake our main job was distracting them from the giant screen 24” from there face;O)
Enough for now, can you tell I had a lot of time to type but not a clear mind to do it with????
Love you guys and really appreciate all the prayers

3 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Thanks to our Heavenly Father all seems to be well with you. Know you are tired after that long day that went on and on. Can't imagine coming home and things being just the opposite. Love A.s attitude (who wooda thought).
Went to Cheri's art showing..very nice. Glad you told Crystal how to blog, my computer was too slow since you sent pictures. Love from all back home.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Grand Dad & Mom said...

From the "Baby Sitter"
Baby doing fine, relaxing with Scooter and following me to the pond and to my carving area.
Storm last nite, golf ball size hail, got some in the freezer for the kids,and movie film of the pond being bombarded !! The pictures are unbelieveable. In your picture Holly looks like she's doing a good job of "Faking" her, not being able to sleep. Ya'll have a great day. We pray for ya thru the day as we think of you.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

Why can't I go to China?! I miss you all, and I can't wait to meet Hannah. Pretty sure, you have the cutest kids in the entire world! Love you!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home