Friday, September 09, 2005

Time to leave for home






We thought you might like to see some of the pictures from when we first arrived. We have seen such a change in the kids over the last few weeks. (and you have seen them with us!)

We leave the appartment in about 2 hours so we are getting all the last minute packing done.

It has been a very busy day. We visited the US embassy here in Almaty and have all the documents we will need for the children to become US citizens. (They will be citizens as soon as we land in Memphis)
We have not had the opportunity to sleep today and we fear this may come back to haunt us. Elizabeth should be fine since she loves to be held close and doesn't require constant attention. My son however is another story. We pray it goes smoothly but either way,,here we come!!!
We may hand them to you at the airport, then curl up and die for a day. I know you will all be ready to help.!!!!!!!!!!!!!YES???????????????

I'll put a short plug in here for World Partners (our adoption agency)
While at the embassy we saw another couple that was adopting 1 child. we were called in after them to do paperwork and the embassy lady said ,,"27 days? the couple right before you was just the opposite, 72 days!!!!!" They didn't use world partners....
She was amazed at how fast our trip had been.

We also met another couple at the embassy today that is leaving tonight when we do. They adopted 2 children from another region and are flying to Frankfort, then Chicago (Where they live). They are pictured with us. also pictured is the lawyer from the agency here.


we will try to update from Amsterdam during our 8 hour layover!! but no guarantees.

We will see you in around 36 hours (I think??)

When we will land with 2 of the United States newest citizens
Elizabeth Grace Dunning and Andrew David Dunning.

See you soon:O) :O) :O) :O) :O)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are ready, praying, and waiting!! Be safe!!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of a time in my life that I so looked forward to a reunion. I know you all will be weary. We'll be praying that the Lord will give you strength and see you safely home. Be assured that there will be many scanning the skies with a prayer in their hearts for your arrival. I'll be the well dressed one with manure on his shoes looking anxiously for the girl and boy of the year and their parents. love poppy

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see all of you. I will pray for for safe arrival in the US.. See you all soon. CIndy Hahn

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are praying for your safe and prompt return. You will be fine 'till you get to paducah. I know you have lots of help, but if ever any of them are tired, sick, or just want a break remember Tony and I, we would be happy to fill in. see you soon! Elva

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, several people, both at Marthas and on the route, asked about how things were going. Mrs. Hubbs clapped her hands and said I had no idea how happy she was to hear the good word...I told her I thought I did have an idea. smile. Everybody was thrilled that all was well. Will be glad when you get gone from there. We are all willing to help, just ask...we don't know what you want if you don't tell us. Don't be shy.
Sam, I have already been looking back at the differance in those darlings. You two have been good for them, no dispute...Love Nanny

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are still in my prayers. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your value meal as soon as possible. I know your families must be extremely anxious to get you back home. I can't wait to hear what Elizabeth and Andrew think of home. Continuing to pray. Joy Beth

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear that you made a safe arrival onto KY soil!!! We can't wait to meet the newest members of the dunning family. :)

Karen

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am joing Aunt Jane in prayer for you to meet some really nice flight attendants...that will help you have a smoother flight. We would love to see you have access to a suite for some good rest on that mega layover. I am sure Mommy and Daddy will be tired when you arrive in KY, but you will have all(more) help than you need! Can't wait to see those darling faces I have already grown to love so much!!!

Aunt Sara

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! I went back and looked at the picture of you in front of the embassy.....you've got a couple of days left in you before you collapse. I am now starting to worry about where you go to collapse. Maybe upstairs at Judy and Dave's? I don't know the lay out at Holly's parents but I'm thinking you might hang some yellow tape on the foot of the stairs.....you know the kind that says "No one beyond this point".
:-)
You'll rest up soon...it will be fun to start getting into a routine that can last more than a week.

WELCOME HOME!!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM & DAD says Praise The Lord! Cain't wait for you to get home. Derek needs a little experience in babies. He will be a BIG - LITTLE help. Your other child, the "Brown Fuzzy" one, showed out last nite: She went all the way to the end of the diving board for fish food and "pitched and caught" four pieces of pizza crust off of her nose!!! Love Mom and Dad

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home