Tuesday, April 19, 2011

viewer discretion is advised :O)

Not going to post much tonight/today. we have to get up early to go meet Hannah:O) So we will save up and try to make tomorrow worth your time getting on here. We flew into zhengzhou (pronounced jeng-joe) from Beijing. We have been taking care of paperwork and trying to get settled into our room. It would make a better story if I told you we were roughing it but the truth is the hotels just get better and better. (I will try to post you a picture soon) Nothing at all like our stay in Kazakhstan 6 years ago.


While we were out walking today we did see several babies and Andrew and Elizabeth were always asking "is that about how big Hannah will be?" I did snap this quick picture, not because of the size but to show you the common clothing for babies around that size. (look real close at the baby bottom)





We got to visit the Chinese version of Wal-mart. But other than the sign there is very little similar to our wal mart.



we did find the great value brand but don't usually see shredded squid back home..


and dried fish, duck, and chicken can be hard to come by.


But the last picture is mostly for uncle Derek. the guy who introduced my wife to peopleofwalmart.com and I assure you we were in Wal-mart when I took the picture. (Sorry if the rest of you don't like it and I normally wouldn't post something like this but i know it will make his day.)
We were walking along and there was this kid that obviously had to go to the bathroom, this was his mothers solution to the problem. We pretty much were done shopping after this.....



Love you guys and tune in tomorrow cause we have about 13 more hours of labor pains until delivery:O)

9 Comments:

Blogger Nick M said...

HAHAHA, that's just crazy! I thought you could only see that type of stuff in Eastern Kentucky! Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow, excited for you guys!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

Thanks for the cultural insight! Yesterday, at the Great Wall, I was envious; today...no so much:)Love you all!

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait for Uncle Derek to see the Walmart pics! He will love it! Maybe we'll have to post those on peopleofwalmart.com when you all get back!!! :) I am so excited about tomorrow and am really looking forward to seeing you guys with her!!!! Love you guys! Give Andrew and Elizabeth hugs for us!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

I love it! I can't stop laughing. I am so excited about you guys going to meet Hanna! Be safe and we can't wait for you to get back.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why in the world does it always come back to poop with you Rothrocks!? LOL! I've been keeping up with you guys daily if not hourly and I simply can't wait to hear all about your delivery! What a blessing it has been to pray for you guys over the past few months! Today is the day!

In fact, if I did the math right it is around 6am in China on Wednesday, Arpil 20th which means you may have already met Hannah or are at least on your way! My prayer is that this 'delivery' is SO much MORE than you ever had imagined!

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Tell Hannah Joy we ALL can't wait to meet her.

LOVE YOU GUYS!
-Ace

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nanny said...

So excited I may have trouble sleeping tonight....Will probably check every time I am up to see if we have any news.
Am over feeding Kitty...Have been a little concerned as I had not seen her. She has come home tonight so I gave her a good scratching.
Don't guess Sara told you that you will have one less frog when you get home...Her stepped on one, think it hurt her worse than it did the frog. The frog just went straight to froggy heaven.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

I miss you guys for the millionth time! I'm also laughing at Nanny's comment. :) Hi Hannah, (from your favorite cousin Mimi).

4:53 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Emily, send us your e-mail and we will try to let the kids talk to you some. Funny about the frog and glad about Kitty. almost on our way

5:01 PM  
Anonymous sandy bearden said...

whoa....gives new meaning to "clean up in aisle two".

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home