Monday, June 29, 2015

It was the best of times, It was the worst of times

It was a great day for us. Luke acts (at least for now) like a perfect angel. I can't find a single complaint with him.
He eats, sleeps and just hangs out and enjoys the view.
At least until the lights go out. :)
Last night when the lights went out, for the first time he cried and cried. I told Andrew if he kept it up I would have to spank him. Andrew believed me and begged me not to. :)
While we laid there waiting for him to calm down I realized Andrew was crying. It really bothered him that we wouldn't pick him up.
I can't tell you guys how attached he is to Luke already.
As far as crying in the dark. I don't think it's the dark he doesn't like. I think he is afraid he will wake up tomorrow
and everything will be back as it was. No brother, No sisters, and worst of all that beautiful lady that he has already become so
attached to won't be there any more. His eyes follow her around the room and when we get in his face to play he is always looking through us
and around us to find her. I actually don't say any of that lightly, He really acts like he wants to be with us. but Mom most of all.

That being said, you will hear kids in the background crying and it actually tunes up after we stop filming.
Even though it was a great day for us, you have to understand it was a hard day for a lot of the kids.Especially the older ones.
   We met a great couple from Lexington Here to adopt a 6 year old boy. They were so excited to meet him and so was his new 15 year old sister.
But he was scared and cried and cried. Wouldn't you be? all the world he had ever known was changing.
Then there was a 3 year old, Completely blind. can you imagine the fear there?
Fear of the unknown. We all have it, But rarely have to face it.
The closest thing I can think of to compare it to is death.
I bet God laughs at how we fear it and strive against it.
Knowing the whole time the place we are going is so much better if we are prepared. But we hang on literally for dear life.
 
  Anyway, not meaning to get preachy. It just gives me such a different perspective than I am used to.
   Bottom line, He may not understand that he is stuck with us yet but we are glad he is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMw7mG7zNvA


still bad internet...I'll post what I can

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

O MY! Luke is chubbier than I expected. So cute! He just looks at each of you like he can't take it all in. hang in there, kiddo, this family is never going away!!!! We love you like crazy and I haven't even gotten to squeeze those adorable cheeks yet. Andrew and Elizabeth you are GREAT big brothers and sisters! Take care of your little brother. love you all!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All this talk of crying is making me tear up! Who knew Andrew was the softy of the family. i'd probably have done the same thing. Luke looks so cute!! I can't wait to see him in person. Mom's right, he looks like a cute little chunk so I'll start lifting weights in preparation for holding him. :)

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I think I almost saw a smile while he was in Andrews lap. No matter he just looks content with everybody. I agree with Sara and Emily, He looks adorable. Kept saying, today, this is going to be a loooong 2 weeks. Love Nanny

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raylee likes to watch the videos of her new baby cousin and so do I! :) glad you were finally able to get one to load!!!! Hopefully you will have better luck soon! Hope the bus ride for the paperwork wasn't too bad! I'm a bit tired today after staying up half the night waiting for my first glimpse of Luke with his new family! Can't imagine how it must feel for those older kids. So scary..... But hopefully they all come around and adjust quickly. Love you guys Aunt Crystal

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home