Sunday, June 14, 2015

The cattle on 1000 hills

Dear Luke,
Sorry we missed your first birthday this week. It was kind of tough but we know we get to see you soon so we try to stay positive and focus on that.
While u wait for us, let me tell u a little about the family that you are becoming part of and also let me tell you a story about yourself.
First, your big brother Andrew.
His name means strong and let me tell u he is. But he's a pretty loving guy too. Loves to kiss on his sister and try to steal hugs from her. He's the guy you will look up to and the guy to teach you stuff like basketball since your dad is going to be a little too old for stuff like that.
Then there's Elizabeth, probably the most talented in our family. She loves to sew and play music. She's smart as a whip and pretty as they come. She pretends she doesn't like hugs and stuff like that. I'm counting on you to break her from that.
Last of your siblings is Hannah, we call her Hannah ru but her name is actually Hannah joy and that pretty much describes her to me. She's always happy and she always makes me happy. She says she's the "big sister " now and she plans to take good care of you.
You really are lucking out with your mom. I have a pretty good birds eye view of the family and I can tell you she is the center of  the wheel.
Everything turns around her and without her nothing gets done.
She loves you with her whole heart already and I have no doubt you will love her and for good reason.
Now , about your dad.
I could probably tell you about him best by telling a story about you.
Let me start the day we first found out u were ours.
You were 14 months old and the news they gave us on your health wasn't good to say the least. On top of your cleft lip and palate u couldn't walk. As a matter of fact you couldn't even set up by yourself. The videos we saw of you made you look weak and grumpy but of course you aren't with us yet so you have a right to be grumpy I guess .
You needed surgery right away and they were telling us it would be at least 6 months before we could go and get you.
For one of the first times in his life, your dad freaked out.
He had a son 10,000 miles away that needed him and there was nothing he could do.
God had always supplied the money for the process of getting you. He owns the cattle on 1000 hills after all.

But money wasn't going to fix this problem. I reached out to all the prayer warriors that I knew to ask for help I had never done that before in my life.
I wasn't even sure what to ask people to pray for . I just knew we needed help. I couldn't find peace and I couldn't help you from here.
But my God heard and answered in an unusual way.
We got a call from ccai ( the agency that helped us adopt u) with an apology. Apparently they had been given the wrong date for your birthday . You weren't born January 7 as we had been told . June 10 was more like the right day. That made you 9 months old not 14. A miracle no doubt . They told us that never happened before and they couldn't figure out what had happened.
On top of that we could expect to travel in a month or 2 to get you. Another miracle!
I can't say you are healed yet, but your dad's faith is. He is weak and worrisome but through you his faith has grown.
You remember those cattle on 1000 hills I told u my God owns?
I forgot to mention he owns the hills too.


2 Comments:

Blogger Nick M said...

Loved going through this journey with you for Hannah and I can't wait for this one either. Love you guys dearly, very excited.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Thanks Nick, u know we love u too

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home