Wednesday, April 27, 2011

a pretty good day

Can you imagine the chaos around here with all these babie running around? These are all kids that are being adopted through CCAI (or adoption agency) this week.



These seven are the ones we have been with from the start. They are all from the same province (Henan) even though only 2 are from the same orphanage.



Hannah is the second from the right and the girl on the far right is Mae. the new grandaughter of a lady at our church.



We all went to a thai rest. (The cow and Bridge) to eat tonight. This is the appetizer that was setting on my plate when they seated us. Our "waitress" was standing right there when I took a picture of it but she just smiled. I guess i wasn't charged for it since it was already dead.






the kids all looked cool in their new Chinese outfits.











It is a tradition to have a red couch picture of the family and kids while here in China. Thus the first picture you saw with all the kids on the red couch.




We ordered Mcdonalds today at the hotel and Andrew wanted his picture with the delivery guy for Uncle Derek.





Today we had to go get all the physical stuff done. You can see Hannah had a rough day. it required her taking her clothes off and strangers. (2 of her least favorite things)






on the plus side, I had a great day with Hannah. Holly had to go do paperwork in another room so I got to keep the kids in our room. Hannah and I laughed and played and before our time was up she would come up to hug me and lean her head in to me. Very sweet stuff and the best she and I have done.





I hope to get to do one last big post tomorrow night but we will have to wait and see. We go to the U S consulate and go throught the last of the red tape. We are not allowed to take cameras so I might not have many pictures. I know there have been more pictures than dialogue than what we did while in Kazakhstan but time is so short and spending time with the family is super important.


If I get to postThursday, it will probably be the last of our posts until we see you guys since we fly to Hong Kong Friday and then home Saturday. Thank you all for your support and prayers. The Dunnings are doing great and are looking forward to seeing all of you very soon


dad playing with Hannah

12 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

The girls got thier first sister dresses. How cute. Is it also tradition that they all dress native? We just need to teach Hannah that when someone gets out a camera you put on a big smile. She will learn soon enough.
Not much of an appitizer..but, I guess when in China you do as China does. Ofcourse flies aren't just in China. We have our share we just try to hide them. Looking forward to
Sat. night....but I think I already said that. :O)

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Courtney Mitchell said...

I love all of the pictures today! Espically the one of the whole family on the red couch! What a good looking family! We are so excited to meet Hannah and look forward to seeing you guys soon. We are praying that the rest of your trip goes smoothly and for safe travels! Love and miss you guys!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

I just LOVE that new video! I got a little tear when I was watching! It's amazing what one week with an amazing, loving family can do for a child! Can't wait to see you guys! Love you and praying for smooth safe traveling!!!! :)
And Elizabeth you look BEAUTIFUL in your new dress! And I love your outfit too, Andrew! Can't wait to see them in person!!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

I'm with Crystal, it is amazing how far she has come in one week. Know it is so much fun to hear her laugh but easy on the tickling. She did look like it was fun and you can see the acceptance of you in her sweet face. Made me giggle along with her or was that just a bubbling up of joy on my insides. Both.
Andrew I'm sure U.D will love the picture of you and the delivery man. Maybe you and he can both be one when you grow up. :O)

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

I love each days posts, pictures and videos better than the one before!!! This video is definitely the BEST! Hannah's smile and giggles are so precious. I also loved Andrew and Elizabeth in their Chinese outfits. Elizabeth looked like a princess and Andrew looked quite handsome in black and gold. Where were Mom and Dad's outfits?? I'm glad Andrew had his picture taken with the delivery guy, that is something to remember.
Travel Safe, Hurry Home, we'll be waiting!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Whitney said...

Awh, Buddy, i knew Hannah would love you! haha she's so cute, i can't wait to meet her! As for the fly on your plate.. at least it wasn't in your food.. which is more than i can say for the caf here. Found a dead fly in my rice the other day. :/ maybe its just the chinese food that draws them in? Andrew and Elizabeth are super cute in their little outfits, im still showing my roomies all ya'lls posts! Tell everyone i said hello. Love you!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Whitney said...

Awh, Buddy, i knew Hannah would love you! haha she's so cute, i can't wait to meet her! As for the fly on your plate.. at least it wasn't in your food.. which is more than i can say for the caf here. Found a dead fly in my rice the other day. :/ maybe its just the chinese food that draws them in? Andrew and Elizabeth are super cute in their little outfits, im still showing my roomies all ya'lls posts! Tell everyone i said hello. Love you!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Derek said...

Thanks Andrew!!! Since I can't get my picture taken with the delivery man I guess the next best thing is you! The kids look great in their Chinese clothes and I am sure that all of their friends at school will be excited to their outfits. Only a few more days till we get to see everyone!!!! P.S. Raylee has been asking when her cousins are going to come back(She is not very patient, kinda like her Granddad) :-)

8:06 AM  
Anonymous The Morris' said...

So glad to hear she is warming up to you so much Sam, I can imagine you are pretty excited about that. Like everyone else said, we love the videos and pictures; looks like you guys are having all kinds of fun. BTW, the McDonalds thing is just weird...why such a big box on that guys back? I'm assuming he's riding a bike or is it a scooter?

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

Get home, get home, get home. (I guess you could tell me that too.)
Andrew looked like he figured out how to play with his baby sister. :) And Elizabeth, I think you're gonna have to gum food for a year or so. Goodness!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Brittany Andrus said...

Okay, besides the incredibly sad picture of Hannah crying, the pics today were great! Elizabeth looked absolutely beautiful in her outfit and Andrew next to the McDonalds delivery guy is fantastic!! OH, I wasn't a big fan of the dead fly either, you should have ordered off the menu!!
Hope to hear from you all again, but if not, please know that your trip home is being covered in prayer. Can't wait to see you all with your new edition!!!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone Haven't been able to post. Derek showed me this morning hope this comes through.Enjoyed all the pictures. Everyone looks good and glad Elizabeth is better. Prissy is hanging around in the workshop with Dad. Scooter hasen't warmed up to her yet. But she's old! Glad everyone is having a good time touring. Can't wait untill Monday to see pictures of the whole family with Luke. MISS YOU-LOVE YOU- and praying for July 11th to come quickley. M & D

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home