Monday, April 25, 2011

Last day in Zhengzhou

A wink and a nod and we will be home. or at least that is what we are telling ourselves.
I know these pictures make Hannah look like she has a belly but she really doesn't. (the same thing goes for me:O)
Me and my girl bonding over a chocolate ice cream cone. It is a a nightly ritual for all of us but she is finally sharing with me.
We went back to the park today and let the kids just run free. They played king of the mountain and Andrew is showing off his battle scars from climbing in the trees.
We learned why it isn't recommended to eat the local food. We watched a guy that had been cooking in the park walk down to the place everyone was fishing to wash all the utensils and the pans he had been cooking with. Then right back up the bank to start the next batch..The Minnesota couple we have been hanging out with offered to buy our lunch if we were game..(looks like peanut butter and jelly on potpori bread again)
I also took them swimming while Holly did some packing and we must have picked the wrong time. To quote my favorite show (seinfeld) "it was like a flabby armed spanking machine in there". It must be the time of day all the old men go to swim but we stuck it out and the kids didn't seem to mind.

We got all the documents to take to the U S consulate today and we get Hannahs passport in the morning. So we are packing up ready to head to the city of Guangzhou. (gwong jo) I am ready to leave Zhengzhou (Jung Jo) just because of the smog. (Sis, you remember poppies sneezing fits years ago? Nothing i tell you, nothing.) I wish I could get a good picture of the smog but I guess you would have to be here. They tell me Beijing wasn't as bad because they cleaned it up for the Olympics. (by shooting other chemicals into the sky to break it up)

Again, not sure how much we can update over the next few days but we will be home soon enough and then you can all watch my daughter ignore me in person. (just kidding) She is coming along in leaps, she follows her brother and sister around a lot. Not really ready to play but not wanting to be left out. She and I have some pretty sweet moments too.

My Kids are asking me to come play so that is all for now. I will try to have a video up later. No promises. Love you all

ok, here it is. 3 videos in one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifThu2mXigg

I just caught a little girl climbing out of her baby bed to try and sleep with her mom. I suppose that is a good sign and a bad one:O)

11 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Sounds like all is well, except for the smog. You all keep feeding that sweetie and she will have a belly. Not for awhile tho I'm sure. Maybe those little arms and legs will fill out too. Actually I don't think she looks too skinny unles you take into account that pictures add 10 pounds. In that case feed her the whole icecream cone. ;O)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Renea McDowell said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures and videos, we check the blog out daily :-) Looks like little Miss Hannah is really enjoying that sucker!!!!! How wonderful that you got to enjoy hunting eggs in China....what an extra special Easter you had this year. We can't wait for you guys to be home :-) Safe travels!!!!!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

Andrew- cool battle scar! Have you grown a foot while in China?? You look so big!

Sam-bless you 70 times 7. You must be miserable! Living in America we just have no idea! Glad the computer is holding on...I'm just soaking up every word and picture until I get the real thing.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

So glad to see all these new pics and videos!!!! You can see more and more of Hannah's budding personality with every one! Raylee is going to be old news to Andrew and Elizabeth now that their new sister is here! Can't wait to see you all! This will be the longest week EVER waiting on you all to get her! Love you guys! Thanks for our daily fix of pics and video!!! :)

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sam thanks so much for taking time to include all of us in on this awesome time for you and your family! Your blog has become a daily thing for me now and I can't wait to meet Hannah Joy in person! By the way how do you say brain freeze in Chinese? LOL Take care, safe travels, and many prayers! Love you guys.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Brandi Haynes said...

Andrew and Elizabeth, I showed the class the picture of you in the real bamboo, hunting Easter eggs, and of Hannah. I think you are the only ones in the class that got to hunt Easter eggs outside on Easter. Everyone in our class can't wait until you get back. Have a great time and see you soon:) Mrs. Brandi

4:32 PM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Loved the part about Hannah climbing out of her bed to sleep with Mom. Has she done that before or is this a new trick? Andrew and Elizabeth those rocks you were climbing on looked really cool and fun. I miss you.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Ash said...

So excited for you all to be home! Love every update. Prayers for your safe travel.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Ashley J said...

My ipad hit too soon. Not "ash"

7:33 PM  
Anonymous The Uncle John said...

Andrew... Dude where did you get those guns?? You are starting to scare me...before long you will be able to "take down" your other Uncle with one punch!! Now you know it will take more than that for me. :0) Hannah you and your big sister look so pretty in all of these pictures, I know your Aunt Sara and I are looking forward to some big hugs! Looks like I will be flying back from Texas the same day are you guys are flying into Nashville...Have a good rest of the week and I will catch up with you all later. Hot fires and BIG steaks are calling my name!!

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

The pictures with the sucker are so sweet. I love seeing more of Hannah's personality in all the pictures and videos. Praying for safe travels for all of you over the next few days. Thinking of you all the time

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home