Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thanks, My girls are doing better!

Today was the official day for getting Hannah. yesterday was gotcha day but today we finished the paperwork and received official documents stating that there is no turning back and that now and forever more she is ours.....

Dad trying to buddy up with his new daughter.






You can see Elizabeth is back to having a good time.




Got Milk???










Small celebration cake for gotcha day.





today made it official. They actually have a law here that we can't change our minds and leave her, even if we wanted to. Like that would happen




This is Lilly Mae. Adopted from China the same month and year as Andrew and Elizabeth. Her parents are in our group adopting a boy this time.




Holly getting ready to take a nap with Hannah




And of course on the other bed is a little sleep over. (Leaves somebody without a bed)

We are done with all our paperwork in this city but have to stay here 5 official business days.(that means next Tuesday for us) So I hope to be more prompt in posting on here for you early morning people. So far our days have been pretty full here.
My girls are doing better. Elizabeth is back to her old self and Hannnah had a lot of drainage today but no nosebleeds. She wasn't very happy today but just in the last hour she seems to be coming out of it and is actually playing with Andrew and Elizabeth. (still not me although I did get to carry her for 2 hours today in the Lotus store and she seemed to enjoy it)
I will try to describe things here better in the future but instead of rattling on, here is you daily dose of pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKydzUTBGP4



sorry, wrong video. I will try to get the right one soon



ok, here is the right one. Time for us to go to bed. not sure why I had so much trouble tonight. The first video was just a chop of us getting the official documents today.


This one is Hannah in a (so far) very rare mood





16 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Good news. Glad all is better. So Elizabeth has made a new friend way over there. Small world, like they say. Haven't seen the video yet but can't wait much longer. Love Mom

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Ashley J said...

Good to hear! Love the updates.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all those new pictures! And SOOO thankful that your girls are doing better! Love you guys! Thanks for keeping us posted! Can't wait to see more pics and videos, and can't wait for you guys to come home!!!! Still praying for you all!

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

I watched the videos again last night with Eric to introduce him to the newest member of the family. We can watch videos from home now! So sorry about the nose bleeds, cousin Eric can definitely sympathize with that one. They are no fun for her OR for the parents. I LOVE the Chinese law that says you can't leave Hannah! Hurry home! We'll keep praying for you all and you keep posting here with pictures. Love you all!!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

Sam thank you so much for posting the new video of Hannah! She is just precious! Glad she is doing better now! Love to see that personality of hers showing a little!!!! She is just perfect! Hope you guys get some good rest tonight/today! Can't wait to see more! Love you guys!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous The Morris' said...

Wow, we can tell such a difference with her in this video, so glad to see her personality come out. Looks like she is having fun with you guys!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Finally got to see the newest video. She is so cute. Can't say that enough. Pop and I agreed she isn't speaking Chinese, more like universal happy baby talk.
Andrew and Elizabeth look to have grown up since they left. Really taking to this big sibling part.
Makes me happy just watching all of you.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

Today, I realized that I will be the most annoying grandmother alive. I've already showed half my dorm these pictures. Told two girls in my classes about her, and they probably couldn't have cared less. I tried to print out pictures to keep with me, but our printer's broke. :/
All this and I'm only a cousin. Nanny, teach me your ways..

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Johnsons said...

So glad she is feeling better! She is a sweetie.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

You don't want to learn my ways, Em. I'm a pest. Only consolation is "this too shall pass". Advice...have a loving family.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So excited for you all!! Andrew and Elizabeth, I can't wait to hear all about your trip and Hannah when you get back:)

12:53 PM  
Blogger tish said...

She is simply beautiful!!! I cried watching the "gotcha" meeting moment. What a special time and Thank you for allowing us to be a part of such an amazing moment. So excited for you all and your family of 5!! Praying for you guys - safety, uncomplicated travel home, good health, and easy adjustments for everyone. Thanks for all the updates! Love you guys!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Uncle John said...

Dude and Dudettes...it is very cool to see you all so happy and to see Hannah for the first time. The pictures are great and I am looking forward to meeting my new niece. Poppy and I are cutting wood tomorrow and you (Uncle Buddy) will be missed...btw I am taking good care of the tractor, I only flipped it over one time! Looking forward to seeing you all again

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to watch a family blossom! God is so good to give us such great gifts! Have been smiling all day after watching the videos. Love you all and can't wait to meet Ms. Hannah!
Mary Beth

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS--- If I remember correctly either Andrew or Elizabeth one narrated their own experience-- will Hannah be doing this ;)
Mary Beth

8:19 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

yeah, wah wah wah ps I don't like daddy. that is it in a nut shell
(just kidding) and I thought Elizabeth was going to post for me yesterday but she bailed. It may surface in the future

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home