Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

How appropriate that our girl is blossoming on Easter Sunday. Today she let me play with her. I could get her belly and she would laugh. you can tell she is feeling better and her whole outlook is changing.
My computer crashed today so I may be updating a little less over the next few days. Besides we are flying South Tuesday (Monday night for you) To Guangzhou to finish up the adoption (I am not sure what that involves since we are already officially her parents.) Then Friday or Saturday we fly to Hong Kong for the night then Tokyo (Japan), Detroit, and finally Nashville......



Hope you all have a great Easter, We did here. We are getting stronger as a family and we are all doing great but look forward to seeing all of you when we get home.




Hannah trying to join in the egg hunt but she would rather share













Easter egg hunting in China with wal mart bags, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.


You will see more of this picture in the park video. listen for the background music. it was a lady singing live in the park




Hey mrs Brandi, The kids wanted their picture taken with real bamboo to show to the class






Something I have talked very little about is how the people look at us. It is nothing to have people walk up to us (within a few feet) and just stare. I mean stare for long periods of time, no smile no nothing just stare. it is a little offputting but I assume invading personal space over here isn't considered rude.


We went to a museum today. (boring, everything was written in Chinese) There were a ton of school kids there and they followed us around like we were the pied piper laughing and poking at us. They wanted to touch Elizabeths shirt and cheeks especially. You kind of get used to it but not really. (Kind of like you get used to drinking hot coke. I might have to drink it cause that's all there is but would prefer it wasn't so. )







I wanted to comment about our group. You see the bald guy with his boy? And that is the grandma that came beside them because the mom couldn't. He just happened to get a little boy that should be a professional wrestler. He is funny and a bruiser. He was going around taking swings at the other kids the first day we got the kids. The grandma said he was just trying to get their attention. (yeah right) I just think it's funny how God paired them up since the mother couldn't come on this trip. If he would have been paired with Hannah it wouldn't have worked for anybody. I see several others like this in the group but I won't go on with their stories for the sake of time but suffice it to say I think God does an amazing job working behind the scenes


You can see Hannah and mom are still hitting it off.





This is Lilly (whom you already met) and her little brother Bing bing (nickname) he is a party all by himself.











china park

12 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Sam, will have to wait 'til we get Sara's this afternoon to see the video but Loved the pictures and news. Oh, yes, a little late but Happy Easter to you all too. How sweet that Hannah is a sharer. How did Elizabeth take kids pokeing at her? She is a rather private girl. Hope she understood that they liked what they were seeing. So glad the time is winding down and soon will pass...just not too soon for us. Love Mom

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Aunt crystal said...

I am with nanny..... Can't watch the video yet because I am at church but I can't wait!!!! Glad the kids got to hunt eggs!!!!! Sure do miss them!!! Love those precious new pics of Hannah! She is really perking up!!!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Whit said...

I miss everybody on easter! checked the blog as soon was i woke up, and was very disappointed there were no updates. :( but of course, i checked again right after church and loved the new videos!
give kisses to all three kids from cousin whit!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

I'm bringing cheerios home so Hannah will love me best. :) That first video cracked me up. With Andrew trying to help, and Elizabeth at one point I think just said, "Are we done yet?" Haha. I can't wait to see you all. Easter's just not the same. :(

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

Computer Crashed!!??!! What?!...how can we go on!!! Happy Belated Easter, your right girls it's just not the same. this year, I look forward to Mother's Day:)
Andrew and Elizabeth are the BEST big brother & sister! So patient and helpful. The park looks beautiful. I'm very glad Hannah is starting to figure out how much she is loved! Happy traveling, Come home soon!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Karen said...

I get a blessing everytime that I read your posts Sam, and see the pictures. Hannah looks like she's already beginning to change--whispers of a smile are there. (except when you're spooking her, apparently)! Anthony and Blake have went over and tied your house down so it won't float away before you guys get back home. LOL!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Armstrongs said...

Just wanted to let you know we think of you all everyday!! We don't say much, but we are enjoying the blog and watching your family bond!! Thanks you so much for letting us follow you on this trip!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Sorry kids, Nelly didn't wait for you to get home. Pop says she had the cutest little Jersey Calf but he doesn't know what to name her. Any ideas.
Just fed Kitty and she says she misses you very very much.
We have gotten over 4 1/2 inches of rain in the last 24 hours and it is still coming down. Guess the good news is you won't have to put much water in your pool when you open it up. Love you bunches.

2:20 PM  
Blogger The Cadwells said...

Happy Easter to you all! Looks like you had a wonderful day together :) She is just beautiful and looks to be adjusting well with her family! Hate that you are having to deal with the smog and smokers :( Looking forward to your safe return! Love and prayers....

5:47 PM  
Anonymous The Morris' said...

Love the new videos, and we are so glad to see Hannah happier and happier in each one of them! We can tell such a huge difference in just a few days.
We look forward to the posts and videos every single day so keep them coming! Again Happy Easter, looks like you guys had a great one!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was stared at for 2 straight weeks when I was there. AND, they took pictures ALL the time, without me even looking! I think it's just because we look so different, the ones who could speak English called me "Gold skin Yellow Hair." I'd like to say you get used to it, but you don't! But hey, pretend your famous! Praying for you all, rejoicing with you and that precious new angel baby. Wish I was there, hopefully again soon! Love you all! (The Vernon's)

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Tillie O'Kelley said...

Hi! I'm the Grandy of the bruiser being pushed around by the bald guy! I knew immediately which little boy was my grandson....the one bossing the other kids around in the play area! LOL! He hasn't changed at all in the past 4+ years since that trip! He's almost bigger than his sister, and she is 9 years old now! It was a comedy of errors when we first got to the place where we picked up the children....they placed this little pink bundle in my son's arms! He looked a little confused and then was like " ummmmm....she's beautiful and I'll be happy to pass her to her parent, but I'm here to pick up my son." Caden is ALL boy and my son Bob is REALLY paying for his raising, as my grandmother would say! Caden is a joy and gives the best hugs, next to his big sister, Addison (Addie), who was a welcome addition to the family in November, 2007, also through CCAI. I'm so happy to see the wonderful pictures of Hannah and how much she has blossomed since that first day. She is more beautiful in each picture! And now, you will have another handsome son! He is so beautiful! Wishing you a safe, swift journey and travel grace for your upcoming trip! Hugs from another grandma for all of your family.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home