Friday, April 22, 2011

Swimming and hanging out at the hotel

It's almost bedtime so I thought you would enjoy seeing her in her cute pjs.










Looks like she is about to crack a smile but don't be fooled. She was about to cry

























Swim caps are required when swimming here. fortunately I was always taking the pictures instead of being in them. because the water was to deep for the kids to swim by themselves so I had to get in and yes, I had to wear a swim cap!





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL0nHX9BV0U



Nothing we had to do today. It was nice not having to rush around to get things done and let the kids be on their own schedule today. As you can see swimming was high on their list.



Went to pizza hut KFC tonight and got pizza and chicken legs to take back to the room. It was actually pretty close to what we have back home. (except you can't order teryaki octopus and quails egg on a stick (together) at our pizza hut). Anyway, we enjoyed it. Wish we could eat the local food because we all agree that we like the local Chinese food but our director is telling us we shouldn't eat it. (we did in Beijing and we really miss it.)


Forgot to mention that on our shopping trip last night we had Holly go and do most of the shopping and I ran around with Hannah strapped to my chest and Andrew and Elizabeth holding each hand. We must have looked a sight because people stared at us like we had 3 heads each.




So many ladies came up to us and would hold up 3 fingers and point at the kids, then hold their heart. Then they would all rub Andrews head. People here seem to be really excited we are adopting children from China. Even when we pass Gruff old men on the streets they will crack a smile and give us the thumbs up.


Hannah still isn't warming up to me. She seems to like me best in small doses and from a distance. (I have become the brunt of all of Holly and the kids jokes) But she is fussing a little less. For example, she isn't fussing right now. (of course she is asleep)


Anyway, you can see we are making it ok and everyone seems to be healthier right now. Thank you for all your prayers and support. we look forward to coming home but know we will look back on our time here fondly and miss it. (Of course it will be a good miss:O)




(might get to add another video here later if you want to check back)

and here it is












14 Comments:

Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

Love the new pics!!!! But I'm really sad we didn't get to see a pic of you in the swim cap! :( Glad you all are making it! And I'm sure your Hannah will warm up to you soon enough! After all, everyone loves Sam!!!! Still praying for you all, and refreshing my blog page all day everyday just to make sure I don't miss anything!!!

6:39 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

It's good night for you all but we sure enjoy waking up to news over here. Haven't checked but every 20 minutes since 5;30. How is that for a guilt trip. Kidding, know you are busy and the kids come first.
Sign language is the same the world around, looks like. I'm glad they appreciate you and not resent you. Hannah still doesn't like the water? Love Mom

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Jarrod said...

Great to see you all are doing well and getting some time to relax. Hannah is SO cute! She will warm up to you Sam don't worry. Still praying for you guys. And remember... Uncle Derek is a Goonie!!!! lol

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

Forgot to mention that I LOVE the fact that Andrew said Uncle Derek was a goonie in the video!!!! :) That will make his day! Getting to see a post every morning is making my day! Did I mention Hannah is precious!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Mom, she doesn't seem to like much of anything but We are going to try a bath again tomorrow. Aunt Crystal, glad you are enjoying our trip. we are enjoying it too and I am making a bigger deal about Hannah than is probably true as far as her not liking me. (maybe) Jarrod, Andrew loved that you picked up on his line of Derek is a goonie. sorry for the late post. we are about to go to bed. have a good day all...

6:52 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

another video is up

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

Thanks Sam! You know you are making me and Nanny's day! She and I are stalking your blog, but it's only because we love you guys!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Elizabeth says,"I love you aunt Crystal and Nanny. I like my new sister."

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

:) Love her too!!!! And I can't wait to see her, and the rest of you! Has she lost any more teeth while she's been gone? Tell her the tooth fairy might not be able to find her all the way in China!!!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

The swim caps are so cute! or maybe its just who is wearing them:)Elizabeth and Andrew you look great in that pool, swimming like little fishes in a HUGE pond. I am so impressed with what great big brother and sister you are already to Hannah. I know she will fall in love with all of you before you get back to the USA and then the rest of us will be given the cold shoulder:) Hannah you are a beauty and I love you so!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Ashley J said...

Love the story about the locals reaction & the 3 fingers - how sweet. Andrew & Elizabeth look so cute in their swim caps!

Maybe now you & Michael will have something else to bond over - many times Claire still prefers me over him, and I know it really hurts his feelings. Cant win em all!

Hannah is so precious. Cant wait to see you wearing her in the US!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Was wondering if the people over there assume A and E are Chinese.
Loved the video, it was so good to watch her run around and enjoying herself for a few minutes. Maybe she isn't going to be effervescent for awhile. I remember Elizabeth wasn't at first and watch her now. Maybe, so far she hasn't seen much to smile about. Things are bound to be strange. Missing you more every day.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Mimi said...

You guys were rocking the swim caps. ;) Wish I was there with you!
Andrew- I think you can swim better than me now.
Elizabeth- Mom let's you guys jump on the beds now?! Is that a pink airplane?
Buddy- I cracked up when you said, "What?! I got the expensive kind!"
I miss you guys so much!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Angie & Kurt said...

Lili had a tough day at school and said she wished she went to the same school as A& E so we looked at your blog to cheer her up!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home