Thursday, April 28, 2011

Reaching the Pinnacle








Well, you made it. If you have been hanging with us through this trip, the end is upon us. Yesterday we went to the US consulate and finished the last of our paperwork. 4 plane rides (of about 19 hours) and we will be home. ( our plane leaves in about 7 hours)



Most of our posts from China Have been pictures and short updates. Just this once we wanted to share a little of our hear toward adoption.


Thanks to all of you who have supported and prayed for us as we have been on this journey. We wouldn't have made it without you.....



It seems crazy all the hoops you have to jump through and the expense that goes along with adoption. This trip has made it clear to me that there are a lot of people willing to take a child and raise Him/Her as their own. The list gets shorter when you ask people to make the sacrifice that adoption requires of their time and resources but not short enough that children should be left homeless. The real reason most kids aren’t adopted is not because they aren’t wanted but because the process is left open to corruption by government and greed.


If I had to compare the adoption process to something I think I would compare it to mountain climbing.
(I have read that climbing Mount Everest costs between $75000 and $100000 (I also hear you can bargain basement it for around$30000 what a deal!) requires special training, special (expensive) permits, and can take months or even years from the planning stage to reaching the pinnacle. (And they won’t guarantee that you will live through the journey.)



Before I scare you, No it doesn’t cost $100000 to adopt and I am unaware of anyone that has died directly from the adoption process. But it will bring you all the emotions that I think a human can feel. Excitement, frustration, anger, resentment, Joy (yes, definitely joy!)
I guess if it was easy everybody would do it. (Which would be a good option as far as I am concerned) But I can tell you that once done you never look back and think, “It wasn’t worth it”.


It saddens me some to see that out of all the kids being adopted in our group, Christians seem to make up less than half the adoptive parents. With combined income ranges from 40k to easily 7 figures. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy for the kids but I think Jesus command to care for the Orphans was aimed more at the Christians.



“Someday I think I would like to ask God why He didn’t help the poor or the orphaned more when He had the power to do something about it…. Of course I guess He could ask me the same question.”





When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her. It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.
~Mother Teresa

8 Comments:

Blogger Nanny said...

Thanks son for the comparison. Gives us a little more insight into what you and your sweet family have been going through these last couple of...well, I started to say weeks but guess years would be more like it. Am so proud of all of you for your dedication, sacrifice and the love in your hearts. Love from your tears in her eyes Mom.
NOW, I'm thinking you realy have reached a pinnacle when I see Hannah smiling by the side of water. See what a little love and attention can do. Just think what a lot of love and attention will do for her. One very lucky little girl. I could go on and on but will spare you until we meet again and that can't be soon enough. Love Mom

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Crystal said...

This post makes me so glad to be part of such an amazing family! I have been so excited sharing your blog with friends (complete strangers to you all) while you have been gone, and seeing the tears that it has brought to their eyes because of what you have done for Hannah. i can only hope that you have possible inspired other to follow in your journey as well! I am so proud of you all.... you have reached the mountain top! We cannot wait to see you guys and meet that precious little girl whos life has been forever changed!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that new picture of your smiling daughter!She has been blessed with AMAZING parents, and brother and sister! :)

PS... tell Andrew and Elizabeth they must come over and see our new baby kittens born last night! :)

5:07 AM  
Anonymous The Morris' said...

Thanks for your words Sam. I am very thankful God has placed you guys in our lives, because you challenge our walk on a weekly basis. You guys are in inspiration to us and to many, many more. It is amazing to see a couple so dedicated to showing Gods love and to doing what God has called them to do. We love you guys and hope you have a safe trip home, glad to see everything went smoothly.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Ashley J said...

She looks so happy!! Praying for you on your trip home. You guys are definitely showing others the joy of sacrifice - we are blessed to know you, and its amazing what you are doing. You inspire many to consider making those sacrifices for these children.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the comparison! Made me feel a little adventurous thinking I'd climb some mountain twice! Although we never know where the path will lead we do know that our King is at the end, watching over us! Praise God for all of the wonderous plans He has for each and every one of us. My heart burst at the happy smile on Hannah's face and how many more loving moments she is going to enjoy!
Lord, we ask for a safe arrivial for this family and traveling comforts as this is a long distance for them all. I thank you for all that you have planned for each of us and the joy of having Hannah in our family. Amen
Mary Beth

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Aunt Sara said...

O My goodness!!!! What an adorable new niece I have!! THAT is my new favorite picture! and yes these are happy tears! Happy tears for the joy you have given to Hannah for the battle you have gone through to give her this new life. I know it was tough when you first got Hannah, heartbreaking to hear her cry when you only wanted to love her, but you have persevered and it is O so rewarding! Love you all, congratulations on reaching the top...priceless.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Nanny said...

Was thinking this a.m. of the mountains MB and RD climbed to get their precious girls. Not all the corruption and egos are in China. We have our share here in the states. They, like you, perservered and won their prizes.
Am sure they would tell you it was all worth it. I give thanks for both families.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Kristin Fore said...

For those of us who didn't get to see you when you got home....you doing ok?? Hard for me to stop checking in. I know you guys are so busy adjusting to being at home. Praying for you!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home