Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Thank you all so much!


First a short story about this picture. Last night before going to bed we fixed the kids bottles to save work in the middle of the night. Elizabeth woke up about 2:30. Holly and I both went for her but I told her to sleep I would take this one. (We were both so tired) All went well and I was back in bed around 3:00.
The next morning over breakfast Holly mentioned how suprised she was that Elizabeth would eat so much because she had eaten at 3:45???? You mean 2:45 don't you? Or at least that's what the clock in the living room said. She asked how I would know since I had snoozed through the whole thing. I proceeded to ask her if she had to make up a new bottle and she said she did. I asked if she was even slightly curious as to what happened to the ones we had made up????
That little stinker had both those bottles and still ate all her breakfast!!! The picture isn't as good as the profile but you can see some of her budah belly. Doesn't she look contented though???

Next let me say how blown away we are that you all keep supporting us! We don't deserve such great friends and family but are so thankfull for you all.

To our Church and all the people contacting us from there. We are so blessed to have made such fast friends but with such caring people it is easy. we understand we are even making the big screen on sunday mornings. Wait until we get them home. Then We will really show them off!!!
So many have been responding from our parents churches (Sharpe Baptist & Heartland baptist)too and we have so much trouble responding to everyone but we want you to know how much it means. We love our parents very much and are so glad that you think high enough of them that it carries over to us!!
Terri Allen, (a friend at work that just adopted her second/third child from Guatamala) I am so glad you are home, we lost your e-mail and didn't know how to tell you we had gotten the call. Thanks for all your help.
Mom and Dad & Tommy and Gail - Thank you for supportin us from the begining! I know you will love these kids as much as Holly and I already do. we question each other about what we would do if something went wrong in court. We can no longer imagin living without these 2! We know we will need help when we get home but also know that it is already there waiting on us as it always has been. Dad, I look forward to slipping in a few rounds before the year ends and Tommy, My sawing may not be so much as it has been leading up to this.
Teodozow family (working on the barefeet pics???) And Derek - You too have supported us through this and you will not be disappointed with the results. We know you will be great aunts, uncles and Cousins. I look forward to playing the "Lord of the Rings" with the boys and watching many more volleyball games with the girls. "I only wish I could hot like a girl"
Cadwells - we have often thought of you as family and you now are proving to us why. What have we done to deserve such friends????
Aunt Nancy / Jane /KK / Janice cousins Mary beth / Julie and michelle - I am so honored that you have taken Holly as literally "one of the family" No simple politeness but sometimes I think you love her more than you love me. (which is fine)
Davis family - this has been a busy year for both of us. I miss spending time with you and look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you for being more than cousins but also friends!!!
Putter/Cindy/emm- Who would have thought when I knew putter so many years ago our paths would have crossed again and at such an important time in our lives. Thank you for following us on this journey. and Thank you to all at Western Baptist Pharmacy too!
Kristin, Our apartment is very nice on the inside. Just don't open the door. We see people eating out of the Garbage everyday and it is a wild ride coming up those stairs in the dark. The inside though could be any apartment in Lexington. Holly will try to respond to you later.
Mechele and all from ISP watching - I lok forward to seeing all of you and am thankful that I have such a good job. That doesn't mean I'm ready to return though.
Joy beth and girls- Glad to see we are ranking so high on your list right now, it will do Christy good to have to wait her turn. we are so glad you are enjoying this trip with us. Please tell your parents we love them. They are such good people.
Elva, Glad you finally got Tony hooked on us too. It still amazes us that we have such a fan base. (cute kids don't hurt our ratings:O)
Cecil and Judy, you see by the pictures that one out of 2 like your idea. But really, Elizabeth is afraid of her own shadow. Cecil, I have enjoyed working with you for many years and think you are a wonderful man. (how does that grab you?) I'm glad you're checking in on us from time to time.
San DK and all of moms close friends, She is a wonerful lady and that is why I know you all as wonderful people. She deserves no less. Thank you for caring for her enough to follow us.

And now on to what you've been waiting for_______________________


This girl loves to eat!!!


She just isn't very good at it. She gets so excited it comes right back out with her squeels...

Elizabeth and Andrew tried to talk to their grandparents today (Tommy and Gail).

they were very interested but couldn't work up any sounds that early in the morning. (Believe me, that was not the case all day!!!)

They really do watch each other and play some. I wonder how long that will last??

here is our trusted driver. I would not attempt to drive a golf cart in this city much less a car. but so far we are unscathed.

We went to memorial park today and will post more pics of it sometime. This is a huge monument to some men who stopped the Germans from taking Moscow. It says " Russia is big but we can't fall back, We must hold the line at Moscow"

The Kids both are feeling well and seem very happy but today when we went to get in the car they screamed like you were trying to kill them. They rode home with us the other day from the babyhouse and loved it. Emil our driver, Says they are afraid they are going back to the babyhouse. That is why they scream. If we got out, they calmed pretty quickly. and you could get close to other cars and they were fine but the mere sight of Emils car sent terror through their bones.
I don't know if that is the real reason, maybe they just changed there minds about car rides but it makes us feel good for us/ bad for them.
Sorry I have made such a long post with so few pictures (since I know that is why you come) but I wanted the chance to thank as many of you as possible.

lastly, we thank our babygirl (baby our dog) you have truly been like our child. We love you and miss you very much and know you will be a great "big sister". You have been our constant companion and will continue to be after we get home. we are now a family of five, not a family of four plus a dog!!!! We love you

And we love you all friends and family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam and Holly we thankyou so much for words or pictures we do like the pics but love to know what your doing and thinking and all your little adventures with your absolutley beutiful children. The one with them on the bed is precious; We used to call Marc buhda baby when he was about 9mths old. she will thin out when she starts walking.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how people could not get hooked. It is a wonderful story of adventure, trial and error, exotic places and best of all unconditional love. Better than anything on T.V. or anything I can pick up and read(sorry sara) and best of all we know the two supporting actors, and can't wait to meet the stars. love you all
Elva.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you please stop making me cry!! (Just kidding) It is so neat how God blesses us with special friends in life:) Kent and I are so thankful for you as well! You really are just like family to us. Love the buddah belly! I just can't wait to see them!!! Oh, by the way, Sam we have decided to have some white chili ready for you for when you return and maybe even a little Breyers Ice Cream!! I hope you are in bed resting now...til the next feeding time. Sounds like Elizabeth pulled one over on you last night! Love you guys very much and will talk to you soon:)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy, No such luck! I was sitting here making one more check while Holly finishes taking her shower. she hasn't figured out yet that staying up late doesn't work when you have to get up early. But she will!!!!
She just came out and now asks, Could you fed ex the chili? That sounds soooooooooooGood right now.
if we could even just eat off the value meal at Mcdonalds we would feel like kings. We dare not think of such things as white chili.
we have been thinking about where to register for our shower when we get home and have narrowed the list down to places like Cracker barrel, Quiznos, raffertys etc...Those are the usual places to register aren't they????
Just kidding everybody, we are eating fine!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry...I didn't mean to torchure you and yes I would Fed Ex it if I could. And yes, she will get the "going to bed whenever you can" thing down! It is so good to hear from you and I know you are eating fine! Hang in there:) Still praying for your return in 14 DAYS!!!!! Sleep well!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so mad...I checked every 1/2 hour at first this a.m, then every 15 min., got down to every 5 min. At noon I walked down to mail a letter and
stopped to pick up some of the sticks that blew down during our 4 inch rain.
When I left to go to the mail box, poppy was asleep.
When I get home he is on the Blog and has a new posting. See why I'm mad.
I'll get over it.

Sounds like Elizabeth has you guys number and is taking advantage of you.
Sure makes a cut picture tho doesn't it. smile.

The kids look like they are doing fine and Holly looks to be holding up great, too.

Just keep Blogging amd I'll try to contain myself.
Love Mom

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Sam, sure we tune in for the pictures, but they wouldn't be near as interesting without the commentary. We, and I think I speak for all of us, love the WHOLE thing.

Love, Not just a Mom but a fan too.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys, sorry its been awhile since i have writen to you i finally got out of work on time and was able to make it to the library. i was looking at the pics. and things seem to be going great. the kids look like they are healthy and ready to come home. i have been doing alot of mountain biking since you left. i was riding this past monday when the path of the hurricane decided to make its way right over lexington. me, todd and my friend jeremy were covered in mud from head to toe, but we had a good time. i wish you guys could be here on sept. 9th i am entering in my first ever mountain bike downhill race, it is the biggest one on the east coast. but dont worry i am running in the beginner class so mabye i wont get beat to bad. i cant wait to see u and the kids it is only 14 days away. be safe and give the kids a kiss for me.

Love u,
Derek

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I made sure that I talked to Christy today prior to getting on and checking on you. I ususally get on late at night, but when I talked to Christy she was telling me about how cute the pictures were so I had to get on and check things out. Not a good idea because now I have to redo my makeup for church tonight. I think that is hysterical about Elizabeth having a feast in the middle of the night. Talk to you soon, or should I say type to you soon, or better yet I'll blog you later.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly and Sam; oNE OBSERVATION:THE KIDS SMILE MORE NOW AND LOOK BETTER THAN THEY DID AT FIRST.yOU ALL ARE OBVIOUSLY DOING A GOOD JOB. i AM SURE ENJOYING THE PICTURES AND TALES OF YOUR ADVENTURES. i JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL YOU ALL GET HOME. i AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A LOT TO TELL THAT YOU CAN'T TELL OVER THE INTERNET. tILL THEN i WILL KEEP PRAYING FOR YOU AND WISHING THE DAYS AWAY.. LOVE POPPY

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey buddy and holly!! the pictures are really good today well mostly everyday.. but i liked today to. yesterday we played calloway in v-ball well what else we killed them 21-7 and 21-4 oh yea!! school is pretty good we have a language essay and a history test tommrow today i wore a tie in school becouse the guys are always complaining about thier ties well just here to let you know that they are not that bad!! now i think theyt should follow through their end of the deal and wear a skirt! but no one will yet...i will find someone though today was wed. thats why i was wearing a skirt and a tie. well i am at the church library and the awana leader are serving dinner so i am gonna go eat well talk to you later luv ya lotts tell everybody i said hey
**~!!whitney!!~**

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys. God is so good. I can't wait for you guys to get the kids home so we can all see them. It has been an awesome journey for you guys and us also. Thanks for letting us follow along. Still praying for you. Melissa and Jeremy Lewis from Mt. Zion

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first picture of Alia looks like your raising a "Sumo" wrestler. If that keeps on, she'll be "whipp'n" her brother. Just jok'n, everyone looks great.
If we can figure out the camera that Derek gave us, we will post a picture of your "Brown Fuzzy Sumo" here at home. She now goes "wild" over the fish food daily snacks.
Gota go and let her and Scooter out for the nite.
Love Dad, Moms gone to bed, has Jury Duty tomorrow...

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly and Sam: What a treat to follow your journey into another culture and into the embrace of family love. This international exchange should help promote good will and better understanding between peoples of the world who are too often subject to some politicians' or media interpretation of the other's culture and society!
The children are adorable and certainly have distinct personalities. Good!
As your court date approaches, I will keep you regularly in my thoughts and prayers. Gayle Rothrock ( an auntie out West)

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you were 'duped' by your daughter......."Let the games begin".

Keep a journal. You will forget these little tidbits if you don't write it down. You are
'in practice' now....just keep it up when you get home. (I don't mean blog, just notes in a journal).

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home