Saturday, July 04, 2015

THROUGH A KID’S EYE (Elizabeth Dunning)

Today we went on another plane (I know right?). We were all kinda tired by the time we got to our
room and figured out, THE ROOM WAS A LITTLE SMALL!!!!
Luke was really good during the 2 hour flight. First, our plane was supposed to leave at 12:30, then one, then three, and finally left at four.
   We had a snack on the plane. It all looked good until I saw something that looked like a
worm. The darn thing made me lose my appetite, even though I was super hungry! I asked Andrew
later what that was. He said it might have been an onion or part of a squid. : - )

   This hotel is not as nice as the Hilton. I like the other one better. I’m already missing it and we
just got here. Dad and Andrew left to get McDonalds. Wish a delivery guy worked there…
mom thinks Luke can sense our stress because when she laid him down he started crying.
    I wish I had picked a different day to write on the blog. It was not very interesting so
Sorry about that. Maybe I can write again.
 Luke has been very good. He is the sweetest little brother you could ever ask for. He has attached
to everyone.  I can tell you one thing, YOU’RE GOING TO EAT HIM UP!!! I can’t get over the fact that
he looks so much like me! Almost everything that he does he acts like me. Hopefully he will be
musically talented. But, Andrew made sure the first thing he held with us was a ball.

first plane ride

It is nice having a baby around. Hearing them laugh all the time, yes, dad, let’s get another one.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth! I sure do miss you guys. Love the blog post, very well written. Hopefully Luke is as smart as you too. I wouldn't have eaten the worm (squid, onion) on the plane either. Haven't they ever heard of good old pretzels?! Come home soon!
Mimi

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome post Elizabeth. Praying for you all.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone- Elizabeth you did supper writting the blog. You and andrew will have to keep doing it and give Dad a break. Pictures or so sweet of you all. Can wait until July 11th 10:30 p.m. to see you all. So thankful everyone is doing ok except for the food. Sounds like FAZOLLIS on Sunday!Be safe! Looking forward to the next blog.Love you and miss you MM & GD

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog post and I love how much you love you little bother already! But you are right, I haven't even met him and he already reminds me of you!!!! So sweet and calm and precious! I can't wait to see you all! Love you and miss you! Praying for a safe rest of the trip and getting home! Aunt Crystal

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job Elizabeth. No One would know (if they didn't know you) that today was written by a 10 year old. I see the resemblance in pictures between you and Luke. He's cute as a bug...oops better not mention bugs and worms and such. oh my. Hope today goes better....Love Nanny
I had looked and looked for a message this a.m. then went to Kroger and sure enough your message came through. Wouldn't you know.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Elizabeth, you did an amazing job on your blog post! The pictures have been wonderful, and we enjoy seeing you all get to spend time with your new little brother! Luke is a very lucky little boy to have such a smart big sister!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We loved your post Elizabeth! Can't wait to read more of them. -Nick & Morgan

9:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Elizabeth, your blog was so interesting even if your day wasn't. You are right, I am sure I am going to eat Luke up! Cause I already want too and I'm just looking at pictures! Uncle John and I went to your house today to let water out of the pool. We have had so much rain that it was over the skimmer! Tell dad not to worry, I took Uncle John with me and he knows how to work with cranky pool handles:) Do you think Luke will like swimming as much as the rest of us? We are counting down the days till you get here!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Elizabeth! Loved reading your post! Can't help but wish we could all be having a cookout for the Fourth of July today! You are righ,t I think we are just going to eat little luke up when you all get back! I hope you get to write another blog post, I have a feeling if you ask your dad will say yes :)
Love you all!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Elizabeth, you have a wonderful voice as a writer. I'm thinking you should get your dad to help you start your own blog! Don't ever worry about not having "interesting" things to write about. In music, what happens *between* the notes is what creates the magic. Life is the same in many ways: the big events are important, but it's the day-to-day stuff in between that gives it meaning.
I look forward to meeting your new brother- he is precious!
Mrs. Hummel

11:54 AM  
Blogger CraftyMom said...

Great job, Elizabeth! Looking forward to seeing you and the whole family soooooon! -Beth R.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home