Monday, July 06, 2015

Rainy days and Mondays always.....

 
We woke up to rain this morning but that is a good thing. When we landed the other night from Zhengzhou it was 94 degrees here and the rain cools it off at least for a little while.
To start the day
I will mention breakfast briefly:(
 
They fix huge breakfasts at all the hotels we have been at so far. And if you ask Andrew it is one of his biggest memories from China (Bacon and Water melon).
 But I don't care much for breakfast so most mornings I just skip it and usually one or 2 of the girls stay with me because they are just as happy with a pop tart.
This morning we decided to go as a family.....
Halfway through the hostess came up and said that our room only includes 2 breakfast and I would have to pay for the 3 kids...
Fine,,,bring me the bill....
when she did I about flipped (Holly can tell you)
$75!!!!! And I had just eaten a bowl of cereal.....
My mistake.
 
Oh well, I am happy to report I have calmed down (mostly) and that is about the only complaint I have on this trip (aside from losing/finding my passport)
 we are so blessed......why do I keep forgetting that?
 
 
Going to the medical office was first on the list today.
Luke passed (as far as I know) with flying colors.

The exams and shots that some of the kids had to get were somewhat of a setback to all the progress that had been made over the last several days. I talked to one of the dads that is adopting an 11 year old that is deaf. He was afraid his boy wouldn't understand that it was necessary or for his good. There was also a 13 year old that is blind and I am sure all the screaming kids must have bothered him. But they both manned up and took it well.
I came here thinking I was getting kind of old for this and that 4 kids was a lot.
But, I am a lightweight in this group.
Some of these dads are mid 50's (even thought some look younger than me)
And several of them have 5-8 kids....
I am still so impressed with their patience and willingness to take on such hard cases.
 

Once we finished the day (and I made it short for you guys)
It was time for our night river cruise.


the tower you see behind
Elizabeth it supposed to be the 3rd largest in the world.
The tallest in Dubai,
Next in Tokyo,
and this one (600 meters) in Guangzhou China. (the second largest city in China)??




A couple of pictures of my girls that I love soooo much.

and yes, the tower changes colors


And of course the guy you are all tuning in to see..
He looks so big here but he is really a pretty small baby.
This is his first taste of Ice cream
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhR25RdxHMA&feature=youtu.be
                                         Pretty bad video of the cruise but best we could do
Any of you that followed us to get Hannah might remember the video we took from our hotel of all the lighted boats going down the pearl river.
This time we got a view from the river looking out. I wish there was some way we could share the view with you but pictures from our dinky little camera just wont do it.
Thank you for hanging with us. We love you all and look forward to the end of this week When we can come home and show off the newest addition to our family..
I type this with my kids sitting here reading and Luke asleep in his crib....

Really wanted to say thanks to all my good friends/family that have prayed me through this journey.
I'm Feeling pretty blessed today.



 

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it is colorful over there isn't it. They like their lights and color. Guess that is why our fireworks come from China, they do it right.
Luke didn't seem overly impressed with the cruse, hope the rest of you were more enthused.
So Luke can eat some things? I thought he could only have bottles until he gets his palette fixed.
Tell Hannah I would love to see her dance for us. Love you all. Nanny

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We loved the cruise! Did they have a clown this time?? The tower is really pretty, but our photos weren't great either... Praying for you guys! -Beth R

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm feeling pretty blessed too:) glad things are going so well although I'm guessing it will be pop tarts for breakfast from here on out. WOW! Every baby I have seen this week, I ask how old are they? I'm trying to get perspective on how big Luke is. Doesn't really matter, he looks healthy and happy or at least very content in every picture. Andrew, Elizabeth and Hannah look happy too, enjoy your trip then hurry home! Can't wait to see you all!

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope that was the best breakfast you've ever eaten! But we are glad everything went well at the clinic! One day closer and one step closer to getting you all home! Glad you found your passport..... That could have been bad! Thanks for taking the time to share your heart and pictures and videos with us! You k ow how we love them! Praying for you all! Love you! Aunt Crystal

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all look so happy :) Luke fits right in and his brother and sisters look like they are already crazy about him! Praying for a safe and healthy trip and a smooth trip home for you all.

Joni Gray

12:51 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

We have tried a few things nanny but he usually sneezes them out.. Ice cream is soft so it works... Yogurt soft stuff like that

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Just that juggling lady... We didn't get to do the cruise in 2011 with Hannah.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Thanks Joni... It's been a way better trip than we ever hoped

4:41 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Thanks aunt crystal and aunt Sara.
It's been a good trip.
Our boy is a pudgy 17 pounds but he doesn't have much muscle yet so holding him is like holding sweaty jello.... But funner...can't really give u a good size.. Thanks for hanging in there with us

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home