Tuesday, July 07, 2015

To Market to Market to buy a .....

Just a quick update.
 I'm sure you guys are as bored with this trip as we are but we are almost to the end.
Only one more appointment for us and that is the big one with the US consulate.
They have had some major issues there in the last month with computer problems and delays. So if we could ask you to pray with us just a little longer.
We have enjoyed our trip here but certainly don't want to be delayed.
So, US consulate Thursday, Receive Lukes Visa Friday (we pray) and fly home Saturday...
We can hardly wait. 
 
There is a lot of downtime between appointments this week. So while waiting, there is a tradition among adoptive families to go to the pearl market here in Guangzhou.
We didn't make that trip when we were here to get Hannah back in 2011 and regretted it ever since.
Today we rectified that and I have to say enjoyed it. I Think Holly might have been surprised that I was actually willing to spend money there.
But hey, what's life without a little adventure:)
 
 

You see bags and bags of pearls in the background.
Not the prettiest way to display them but whatever it takes to get a deal I always say :)

It did concern me a little at how excited the lady was that we bought the pearls from.
She even wanted to have her picture taken with us.
Probably having a good laugh with her friends this evening.
Oh well, all my girls are happy so what do I care.



Just some big metal sculptures out in the square.
Had to get Elizabeths picture with the big rooster.


These 2 pictures are pretty much for Uncle Derek. Thought he would enjoy the minions in Mcdonalds
and seeing the Mcdonalds delivery guy again.
It is so close to our hotel that we won't be using him this time.


Andrew, Elizabeth, and I went out exploring the streets during nap time today. Probably can't see very well but we were deep in the streets of the city.

Luke, sitting at the famous Lucys restaurant.

Here you can finally see a little of his cleft issue.
His lip hides it most of the time.


And this guy was painting Lukes name in Chinese for us (We think:)

We hear there is major flooding at home. As I recall there was also flooding in 2011 When we got Hannah and when we were in Kazakhstan on 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit.
I plan on giving you guys a break in the major weather events and calling our family complete.....
(For Now)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes lots of flooding this morning. I had to re-route a couple of times on the way to work. I have a co-worker who wasn't able to get out of her house... there was a guy going by on a kayak this morning and another guy wading through the water over knee high. They said some places got 5 in of rain in a very short time.

Glad all is going well there and that you spoiled your girls with some pearls! I bet Elizabeth really liked that. And the rooster statue!

And I'm sure Uncle Derek will love the delivery guy from McDonalds again! :) And I bet Raylee and Maddox might like that one of the Minion workers! That's awesome!

Praying for a smooth visit to the Consulate on the 9th. Sure hope everything is back on track because we are all missing you guys and can't wait to meet Luke in person. But thanks for sharing all the pics. I feel like we can already see some of his personality from the pics and videos.

Love you guys! Aunt Crystal

7:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, so your the reason for all the water! Now we know;) It's amazing how a few pics can make you feel so much closer. We just eat up every scene and look at them over and over. Yesterday I went to SAMs club and discovered that I can blue tooth my pictures to their machine and print them instantly! Needless to say some of these great pics are now hanging in my kitchen. Still nothing will beat the in live and personal touch, so I'm praying all goes well with the consulate and you will be home soon!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh the memories!! Praying for great experience at the consulate! Eat some Lucy's for us!!! -Beth R

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mom told me about her up close and personal view of Luke this morning so I'm hoping to get in on some of that action tonight! Miss you guys so much. the pearl place looks awesome. Too bad they don't have a Culvers in China. We all know where you'd be and that may just have been my deciding factor to come with. ☺️ Who knows maybe next time...
Haha love you
Mimi

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, I did it again. Just as I was going to post I hit something, who knows what, and it all disappeared.
Loved the close ups of Luke. He is so cute. Can't wait.
Yeah. you can turn off the water works now, we've had enough. Had to re route getting to Baptist this a.m. Saw some pretty deep water. A couple of cars got stuck as they tried to get into the hospital parking lot from Ky ave. Cleaning lady told me the water was over their head lights. Reminded me of the time when Uncle Larry died and you drove home w/o lights. Not a good memory.
What are your girls going to do with their pearls? I had told Elizabeth that my fresh water one (that you had mounted for me) would be hers one day. Don't guess you thought to get Andrew and Luke each one for their future spouses. See how easy I can spend your money. :O)
Praying all goes smooth from here on out and you get home on time w/o a hitch. Love Nanny. Now it won't let me post....What gives. I've tried twice already.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sam and Holly said...

Nanny, actually we did get pearls for spouses. Holly thinks ahead:)
Andrew wasn't very excited about it though.
MiMi, I hope you figure it out so we get to talk tonight. I'll have culvers with you next time you come in.
Beth, We miss staying over at the white swan where we could just walk over to Lucys. Thanks for keeping up with us.
And aunt crystal and Aunt Sara, sorry about all the water. Can't wait to talk to you guys on Skype again

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved talking to you on the ph. Everyone looks great in the slog today and can't wait until Sat. to see Luke. Love you and miss you! MM & GD

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home